Monday, August 17, 2015

Post Pregnancy/Breast Feeding Plan

I wanted to take a moment and share my before and after baby diet. I tend to eat too many carbs during pregnancy to even want to admit it. So Here is what my typical diet will look like after the baby is born and I get back into my Gastric Bypass Weight Loss Roots!

Water: 64oz minimum! This is a must breastfeeding especially! Dehydration is one of the most common causes of loss in supply!

Breakfast: 
Oatmeal I add in butter (Ireland Grass fed) with a 1/4tsp of honey and cinnamon.
or a protein shake or smoothie with spinach
or Spinach, cheese omelet

Snack:
Almonds (Raw or Salted) and String Cheese

Lunch:
Veggie with hummus or plain
Cucumber sliced with cream cheese and lunch meat
or A Cheese and meat roll up and cottage cheese
or a mixed green Salad with hard boiled eggs and shredded cheese

Snack:
Protein Shake or Smoothie whatever extras I have from breakfast, If I didnt make one for breakfast, I will make whatever sounds good.

Dinner:
Chicken Baked or Grilled
Carb- Small amount for me of brown rice or quinoa
Spinach or mixed green salad
1/2 Avocado

Snack:
String cheese and Almonds
or Cottage cheese

If i want something sweet we do enjoy dark chocolate occasionally or dried cranberries :)


If we go out I often will order a chicken sandwich or if we go to a BBQ place I will get pulled pork and just not eat the bread. I use to love Texas Roadhouse Steak Salad with a Raspberry Vinaigrette but that is no where to be found out here yet :(.

I do follow this diet for my snacks currently but have been avoiding protein shakes and instead trying to eat my proteins. As well as I currently consume carbs like crazy.

If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

Protein is your focus!!

Krista XO

No comments:

Post a Comment